All aboard Santa’s Sleigh for December’s Photoshoot with Mr. Claus on December 17th from 11am-2pm.
Pups get a Bark Park play session, a framed photo with Santa & a Goodie Gift to take home for $35 (price is per pup. Daycare / Boarding fee is not included).
Call 317-773-6550 to sign your dog up for their photos. Spots are limited so act now!
Holiday Hour Changes
- Dec. 24th – Open 7am – 4pm
- Dec. 25th – Closed to the public
- Dec. 31st – Open 7am-4pm
- Jan. 1st – Closed to the public
Doggy Daycare Schedule Changes
- Dec. 20th thru Dec. 23rd – Limited Daycare Days*
- Dec. 24th thru Dec. 26th – Daycare CLOSED
- Dec. 27th thru Dec. 30th – Limited Daycare Days*
- Dec 31st thru Jan. 2nd – Daycare CLOSED
- Jan. 3rd & 4th – Limited Daycare Days*
Doggy Daycare will require Reservations on these days: Dec. 20th, Dec. 21st, Dec. 22nd, Dec. 23rd, Dec. 27th, Dec. 28th, Dec. 29th, Dec. 30th, Jan. 3rd, & Jan. 4th.
*Daycare is limited due to the amount of boarding dogs we see during these busy times. We thank you for working with us to maintain the best all around personalized care for your pups while you’re away. Happy Holidays from Beverly’s Pet Resort.
Winter Tips From Bevo
Dog paws are sensitive to the cold just like our skin. During the winter months, salt is used continuously to help keep our roads and sidewalks as slip-free as possible. Unfortunately, some salt can be harmful to our dogs paw pads and cause irritation, cracks, and discomfort. Pet-safe Salt is the way to go but we can’t always know which salts are pet-safe.
After every walk, take a warm rag and wipe your dogs paws as an extra precaution. If you notice your dog’s paws seem sensitive or irritated there are balms you can purchase to help soothe them in local pet stores and online.
Upcoming Photoshoots at Beverly’s
Bring your pup in to meet Frosty in his Winter Wonderland on January 19th from 11am-2pm. Each dog will receive a Park Play session as well as a framed photo with Frosty the Snowman for $35 (price is per dog. Daycare / Boarding fee not included).
Check back in January for info on our February Photoshoot. Love will make your dog take flight this Valentine’s Day.
Warm Weather Will Return!
Spring Break will be here before you know it. Dream your spring break trip today and book your pup’s vacation before it’s too late.
Bevo’s Holiday Recipe – Cookies For Santa Paws
Ingredients for Santa Paws Dog Treats:
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour see note below for substitutions
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (Make sure it has no Xylitol)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
Ingredients for the Frosting:
- ⅓ cup cornstarch can also use potato starch or arrowroot powder
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3-4 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine flour and the egg. Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until you have stiff dough. the dough becomes very firm and sticky. you may need to use your hands, or the paddle attachment on your mixer. (2 ½ cups whole wheat flour, 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup water)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. the treats barely spread and rise, so get creative with your shapes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden. Once done, set aside to cool. (If you have smaller cookies, use less time, otherwise the bottom might burn.)
- To make frosting, combine the peanut butter and honey in a microwavable bowl, and heat in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. (⅓ cup cornstarch, 2 Tablespoons peanut butter, 1 Tablespoon honey)
- Add melted peanut butter mixture to cornstarch and stir until just combined.
- Slowly add in water 1 Tablespoon at a time until you have reached the consistency that you would like. For a thinner frosting, add more water.
- Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe designs on top of each dog treat.
- Frost treats with the peanut butter/honey mixture for an even more tempting cookie.
Photos From Our Thanksgiving Turkey Photoshoot
Stay up to date about all of our holiday happenings and more: Subscribe to Our Monthly Newsletter